The University of Texas LBJ School of Public Affairs hosted the third annual City Managers of Tomorrow Committee meeting on July 15. Each year, the Committee meets with Texas universities to create programs that introduce students to careers in municipal government. The Committee has made great progress and continues to build a successful program including:
- The Manager in Residence Program that places practitioners in the classroom, develops and provides practical curriculum, encourages students to choose careers in city management, and provides opportunities for internships.
- Partnering with Engaging Local Government Leaders (ELGL) and universities to host the #Inspire Program that introduces undergraduate and graduate students to careers in municipal government.
- Hosting the Intercollegiate Bowl at the TCMA Annual Conference.
- Recruit students to join TCMA.
- Develop a website that targets future managers.