Are You Engaging and Sharing on the TCMA List Serve?
The TCMA list service provides members the opportunity to collect and share a wealth of knowledge through document sharing, posting questions, the capability to search question and answer history, following conversation threads, collaborating on city issues, and filtering email notifications by category. This service is available to TCMA members only.
Here are a few posts from members:
Airbnb: Does any one have ordinances to deal with Airbnb’s? We have ordinances to deal with regular Bed and Breakfasts in which the owner stays at the house but not for temporary house rentals. Any input would be helpful.
Ethics Ordinance: I am seeking a strong ethics ordinance and any advice you can provide to help me with the hidden nuances of implementing such an ordinance.
Community Visioning Process: The Coppell City Council is about to embark on its next generation of community visioning. The City’s 2030 Vision plan was last updated in 2008. To date, the City Council has invested over $80 million in fulling our current plan’s strategies, goals and objectives. They are now preparing to start a new process for their 20Next plan. I am looking for some leads on possible facilitators in that process and if I can get a copy of either the RFQ used to select the facilitator and/or the actual contract used to engage him/her/the firm.
TCMA Region Presentations: Has anyone had an outstanding presenter or program at one of their local TCMA Region meetings? If so, please share that information so other regions can consider it!
Fire Station Specifications: I was wondering if anybody out there might have a specification sheet for a new fire station that would be a part of a bid packet. If so, would you mind sharing it with me?
Administrative Services Agreement: If you have a sample administrative services agreement between a city and an EDC, please share it with me.
Alley Maintenance: I am conducting research on how cities address maintenance of alleys that only have utility easements and serve no other public purpose. Any insight would be helpful.
TCMA encourages each member to participate. Please carefully read the following guidelines and log in instructions.
- Always fill in the subject line when posting a document, question, or responding to a comment. This information helps find specific topics.
- Idea Share will thrive if everyone provides engaging content and discussion. Share your documents, knowledge, and best practices and help improve local government.
- Posts to this system are the opinions of the individuals making the post.
- Be careful of attachments that may contain viruses.
- Do not forward any information gathered from this list unless you have received permission from the author(s). This includes referrals to vendors.
- Stay on topic. Replies to a question posted to the group should benefit the entire group – and will be seen by the entire group. If you want your reply to be seen by only one person, email that person directly.
- Before acting on any information received from the group, a city official should consult with local legal counsel to ensure that the information received complies with current law and the particular facts of each situation.
- Members from the private sector, please refrain from soliciting through this service.
Log in Instructions
- You must use the email address identified with your TCMA membership to join.
- You must enter tcma123 in the password field. Your password can be changed after your account is created.
- After you access your account, you can filter the types of notifications you wish to receive.
- Begin by clicking TCMA Idea Share
If you have questions or technical difficulties, please contact Kim at email@example.com,
Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-231-7400.